Friday, August 18, 2017

Device Pin Project Part 8

It's been awhile since I finished some of these. I completed two more right before Pennsic, and they had been sitting around for mooonths. I keep getting distracted by things, I guess.

I've finally started in on our good friends the Calivers.

Per pale purpure and vert, on a lozenge argent a rose proper.

Argent, a chevron between three fleurs-de-lys and on a chief azure a wolf passant argent
These were the first two that I did on linen instead of a thicker cotton. I did it because it's what I had to hand when I started them, but I think I'll stick to the cotton - or at least use heavier linen. These were a bit of a pain, and I don't think they look as nice on the pin. And it's certainly harder to hide little thread bits behind the thinner fabric.

Also, that wolf is on my hit list along with certain horses and greyhounds now.


No comments:

Post a Comment