Monday, August 17, 2015

Device Pin Project Part 1

When I first decided to get into embroidery I created a small rendition of my device as a quick and easy project.
Purpure, on a pale wavy argent a lizard tergiant vert.

I realized that I enjoy device heraldry, and also that I enjoy embroidery. So an ongoing project began.
There is nothing "period" about this project - I use cotton dmc floss, whatever white cotton fabric I can get my hands on, and fabric button making kits.
But it is a relatively fast gift I can make for my friends and for those who touch my sca life in some way!

Vert, a crequier within a bordure embattled argent.
Per pale sable and vert, on a chief argent a fox passant gules.
Vert, on a bend sinister argent three mushrooms palewise
azure and in canton a coronet Or
Per pale sable and vert, a horse rampant between an arrow and an arrow reversed argent
Azure, a seahorse erect and on a chief invected argent an arrow fesswise gules.

I've already amassed quite a collection of these, so I'll be posting them in vaguely chronological chunks. It's an interesting way to watch my skill progression!
This chunk, by the way, taught me that embroidering tiny horses is a giant pain in the ass.



















No comments:

Post a Comment