Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Embroidered Book Cover - The Embroidering Part 2

After I finished removing the paper from the book cover, I found a sad thing.

How did that even happen?
I replaced the whole curve, and hid the ends under the overlap and at the end of the leaf. The leaf shrank in the process, but at least it's one piece..

So as of the 12th, it was fixed and ready for fun things. 

I didn't work on it too much for the rest of the week, but I got a fair amount done over the weekend, including at 12th Night. I'm using bullion to fill the petals. It was probably purl originally, but I have a lot more bullion and it's a pretty similar thread. 
It is far less painful than using passing thread for fills (like I did on the gloves). Plunging threads is the worst. Wire for everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment